Once appointments are added to your schedule, the next thing to ensure is that you are managing them properly. So, what does it mean to "manage your appointments properly"? Glad you asked
The first thing you'll want to make sure you're doing is managing the statuses that your appointments are in. All of your appointments go through their own unique lifecycle:
- When they are initially added to your schedule, they start out in "Open" status.
- From there, when the client comes in for the appointment you can mark them as "Checked In".
- Once they've been "Checked In" you can then move the appointment to being "Completed" once the appointment is over.
- Alternatively, the client may be a "No Show" for these appointments or may "Cancel" the appointment.
While some of these statuses can be applied automatically, others of them you'll have to make sure to set yourself. Once the proper statuses are applied, the appointments will filter into the proper list views for you to find.
There are several other things you can do to help you manage your appointments better:
- If clients call to say they've not received a confirmation email for their appointment, you can check the appointment detail page to see if there was any issue with the email getting sent out
- You can take notes on each of your appointments to keep track of anything you may want to remember about the client
- You can edit or reschedule the appointment and keep track of all your changes under the Audit Trail tab of that appointment
- You can print off an appointment slip for each of your appointments to have with you
All of these things can be done from the Appointment Detail page for the appointment.
The rest of the pages in this section of our documentation go over the different management tools that you can use on your appointments. If you have any questions after reading through this documentation section on managing appointments, please get in contact with our support team and we'd be happy to help!