Once you have successfully navigated to your service profile, you will taken to the Overview tab which is divided in two sections: Overview and Email Merge Fields:
To make changes to the Overview section click the Edit button to the right of the service:
This will allow to change the following:
- Service Name: This is what displays to clients when they are booking an appointment as the reason for their appointment. It's also sent out in emails to clients and will display on your Appointments → Calendar view.
- Service Description: The text that is put into the description box on a service profile will display below your service in the booking flow. Generally, businesses use this area to either give a brief synopsis of what the appointment for that service will look like or to sell folks on a more expensive service.
- Staff Offering This Service: This is which staff member can offer this service. If a staff is selected her but you don't see them in the scheduling flow, be sure they have hours available at the locations listed for this service.
- Allow WaitlistBUSINESS PLAN FEATURE: This feature will make it so that if a client is trying to book this service on a date where you are all booked up, it will prompt them to join a waitlist in case any times become available. Read our documentation on how to use the waitlist.
- Screening Questions BUSINESS PLAN FEATURE:Screening questions allow you to make sure that clients meet certain criteria before they are allowed to see the times that you are available for appointments. Only one screening question can be applied per service.
- Set Quota BUSINESS PLANS ONLY: Puts a cap on the number of appointments that can be booked for the service in a given time frame. The time frame options are in a lifetime, per year, per month, per week, and per day.
- Private Service: If you only want your service to be bookable through the TimeTap Back Office (or through the Private URL for the service) then check this box off. This will make it so that your clients will not see the service on your main scheduler. Learn more >>
Private URL: This URL is randomly generated by TimeTap. If you only want to show clients options to book appointments for this service
Vanity URL BUSINESS PLAN FEATURE: Business account holders can create vanity urls to substitute your private URLs for Locations, Staff, Services, Classes, Service Groups, and Location Groups. This makes it so you have a friendly link to send your clients instead of the alphanumeric combination that makes up the private URL
While still in the Overview, scroll down to the Email Merge Fields section and click Edit to make changes to this section:
This will allow you to make changes to the following:
- Reason Instructions: This is an optional merge field that you can use to push special instructions about this service to the appointment email that is sent to your clients/staff. To include the information entered in this section use the tag %REASON_INSTRUCTIONS% in the email templates you want it to appear in
- Additional Reason Instructions: This is an additional merge fields that you can use to push special instructions about this service to the appointment email that is sent to your clients/staff. To include the information entered in this section use the tag %REASON_INSTRUCTIONS2% in the email template you want it to appear in
To make changes in the Time tab click Edit:
Once here you make changes to the following:
- Service Duration: This is how long an appointment for the service will take. In order for an appointment slot to be offered to your clients for a service, you have to have enough room on your staff's service availability to allow for the duration of the appointment to fit in.
- Buffer: The buffer acts as a padding you can apply before the start time or after the end time of an appointment. If you service is set to a duration of 50 minutes with a 10 minute buffer, then you would need a total of 1 hour open on your schedule in order for an appointment for that service to be bookable. Learn more >>
- Latest Appointments: This is how close to the service appointment's start time a client can book and appointment.
- Advanced Appointments: Modification to this area will allow you change how far out in the calendar a client can click to see your availability for an appointment.
- Locations Available: By default, your services will be available in all locations. You can refine this, so that they are only available in some locations, on certain days, and even at specific times. Before setting this up, we recommend you watch the video tutorial linked HERE.
The Payment tab is where you can make changes:
Once the in the Payment tab you can modify the following:
- Service Price: This is how much an appointment for this service will cost in total. If you have a payment portal set up and require payment, then your client will be asked to submit this amount upon booking (unless you have a deposit amount entered). You can also adjust the currency on your account so the price displays in a different currency than U.S. Dollars (which is the default).
- Deposit: If you don't require the full price of the service upon booking, but only want to collect a deposit amount, enter it in this area. You must have a price entered in order to put in a deposit.
- Taxable: If you collect tax when someone books an appointment for this service you check box. You can change the your business's tax rate in the Payment Settings.
- Description: The text that is put into the description box on a service profile will display below your service in the booking flow. Generally, businesses use this area to either give a brief synopsis of what the appointment for that service will look like or to sell folks on a more expensive service.
Once you have finished making whatever changes you want to make, click the "Save" button to commit the changes to the service. You can quickly test out and see how you changes will look to the clients who are booking with you by clicking on the Preview Scheduler button at the top of the service profile.